“Let the children come to me, and do not stop them;
for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.”
– Matthew 19:14
DPUMC SUNDAY SCHOOL, VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL, AND YOUTH & INTER-GENERATIONAL PROGRAMS:
Sunday School – Deer Park UMC is ready for kids! Children begin the morning in worship, then leave the sanctuary and head to class with their teacher. We have multi-age Sunday School class every Sunday. We blend the church seasons (Advent, Lent, etc.) with Bible stories and apply the lessons to today’s community, home, school, and church. The children draw, paint, play games, hike (on our grounds), create crafts, tell felt board stories, sing, and do other exercises to learn the lesson of the day. Children frequently make a “take-home” piece to remind them of Christian behavior thoughout the week.
Our teachers, Dave Bauer & Betty Crawford, are experienced teachers. They love children and love to help them learn how to live God’s Way.
FALL 2018 SUNDAY SCHOOL FAMILY NEWSLETTER – All are welcome to join us for Kickoff Sunday, on September 16. You are invited to: Parent meeting 9:30 a.m., Worship 10:00 a.m., Sunday School 10:20 a.m., 11:15 Luncheon.
Vacation Bible School (VBS)–took place August 23 – 27, 2018. Our theme was, “God Calls Us: Around the World in Five Days.” We had a wonderful time! Watch for information in early 2019 about next year’s VBS.
Youth & Inter-generational Activities
As a small church, our youth group size fluctuates from year to year. We’re in a rebuilding cycle right now. The church loves and supports our youth. So far this year:
- Our youth served as Youth Leaders during Vacation Bible School
- We had a fun summer “Goonies” movie night
- We went on a “Holy Hike” at Pine Valley Ranch
- Hosted a lively Halloween Party attended by over fifty people.
- Held monthly inter-generational “Fun & Friendship Nights”
- Attended the Women’s March and the March for Our Lives (Inter-generational)
- Encouraged youth to participate in worship as liturgists, musicians, candlelighters and to assist with Sunday School class
- Celebrated Girl Scout Sunday
We hope to have new adventures this fall, but we’re still in the planning stages. Watch for updates.
Check back here, or email us for updates.