Loving our neighbors as ourselves. No exceptions.
OUTREACH MINISTRY ACTIVITIES: We put our love of neighbor into action by reaching out at the local, state, national and global levels. We share our time, talent, privileges, and abundance with those who need our advocacy and compassion – through service projects and social justice activities. These include:
- hunger, clothing & basic needs
- children’s needs
- national/global relief efforts
- justice issues: human rights — including women, children, LGBTQ issues, poverty, racial equality, speaking up for the voiceless or powerless.
OUR ONGOING PROJECTS INCLUDE…
Guys and Girls, Young and Old congregate to gather, chop and stack firewood for the wood pile in front of the church (in lower parking lot). The wood is given to needy families in the Highway 285 corridor through the Interfaith Food Pantry program. Volunteers are from both the church and the wider community. We meet at 8:00 a.m. on the 1st Saturday of the month.
INTERFAITH FOOD PANTRY
A cooperative effort between three area churches and hosted at our church, the Food Pantry serves families and individuals in the Highway 285 corridor. Qualifications are handled by the Mountain Resource Center in Conifer.
“MUSIC REVIVAL” INSTRUMENT DONATION (FOR AREA STUDENTS)
We collect musical instruments – in excellent condition or otherwise. By donating used instruments, you can change a child’s life and broaden a child’s horizons.
- Developing the skill to play a musical instrument may have a profound impact on a child; it teaches critical life skills (practicing, persistence, coordination, developing an abstract skill).
- As one learns to play and perform, confidence and self-esteem is given a boost.
- Have a gently used instrument gathering dust? We will make needed repairs and make a “match.” We’ll “revive” it and find a deserving child or school music program to receive the gift of music.
Thirty instruments have been provided to youth and elementary schools in our area over the past ten years.
SOLES 4 SOULS
An ongoing collection of shoes, boots, sandals – no matter how worn – that will be used and re-purposed for use throughout the globe. For information, see Soles 4 Souls.
WINTER COATS & JACKETS (FALL/WINTER), SOCKS, TOWELS (ONGOING) & SCHOOL SUPPLIES (SUMMER)
We engage in various collection projects for the local community through area schools, Mountain Resource Center, area homeless shelters (Denver metro) all year long.
ONE TIME SERVICE AND HOME REPAIR PROJECTS
Members of the church, as availability, skill and resources allow, assist area residents (especially elderly or homebound) in household repairs.
STANDING UP FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE
Whether we are marching in the Pride Parade or Women’s March (often with other United Methodist churches), or we are listening to sermons that remind us to show compassion and be champions of justice for all races, economic groups, and religions, or our church is publicly stating that we “Love our neighbor – No exceptions,” we are trying to follow Jesus’ example and commandments as best we can. We we seek to share our rights and privileges so that others may share in God’s blessings and live Jesus’ Way.
Contact us for more information.